To qualify for Refuge for Women services, a woman must have experienced at least one of the following:
- Performed sexual favors for money, rent, drugs, food, or protection
- Engaged in prostitution or other sex acts and couldn’t leave
- Engaged in sex acts for the financial benefit or political favor of someone else
Refuge for Women operates the Emergency Housing program providing shelter, developing, and rebuilding support networks, and promoting self-sufficiency for women who have been sex trafficked or commercially sexually exploited in need of a safe environment.
The goal of the emergency housing program is to work together with female survivors to:
- Ensure their safety and security.
- Provide tailored, individualized services.
- Empower them to support one another and themselves.
- Develop service plans with them to establish or rebuild their support networks and support their reintegration into the community
Survivors in the emergency housing program are offered many different forms of support during their 30 to 90 day stay, including:
- Immediate basic assistance.
- Basic Medical Stabilization.
- Psychosocial and Therapeutic Support.
- Case management.
- Education, skills building and job placement.
Refuge for Women is currently accepting applications to our Pittsburgh and Las Vegas Emergency Houses with additional locations opening soon. Please select a location below to submit your application.